2019 No Excuses Pot Challenge
Are you ready for some serious motivation???
On September 3 we are beginning our 7th annual international pot transformation contest with all our No Excuse Moms! For 12 weeks, we are asking you to eat healthily, get active and be purposeful in your daily intentions. This was created to connect us as No Excuse Moms, motivate us before the holidays and transform us in a limited period of time. Contest Ends November 28th *all pictures are due by that date, which lands on Thanksgiving! For the last several years we have given over 100 winners thousands in pot money!
If you lose a healthy average of 1-2lbs/week for the next 12 weeks, you will be 12-25lbs lighter in 12 weeks! If you are heavily overweight, you will lose more weight. Click here to submit payment and receive an application via email.
Here are our guidelines, (these are NOT set in stone):
1. Drink only water, black coffee/tea
2. Eat balanced meals comprising of 30% lean protein, 30% healthy fats, 30% carbohydrates. The last 10% goes towards a small treat or protein/fat (for rest days) or carbohydrates (for training days).
3. Track your calories. If you are trying training for weight loss, lower your intake by 300 calories every few weeks.
4. Enjoy 1-2 treat meals a week.
5. Perform cardio 4 times a week for 20-30 minutes. (the shorter your cardio time the more intense it should be).
6. Perform strength training 3 times a week for 30-40 minutes.
7. Stretch daily.
8. Take a Selfie monthly (in workout clothes/swimsuit)
9. Participate and connect with your local NEM group either online or in person.
10. Identify your Target Heart Rate: 220-age * 60-85% =
11. Create a 12-week Fitness Calendar. For tips and downloadable calender click here.
12. Find accountability partners: Mentor (group leader), Supporter (friend) and Follower (someone you can guide). Find your regional leader here.
13. Be a member of our online NEM Facebook group
1. $30 opt-in payment to place into the pot. No Refunds.
2. All application will be emailed after payment is received and must be submitted by September 15th to your regional manager or online manager.
3. Submit before and after pics and story by November 22nd
4. Must connect with closest NEM group (via online or in person). Identify your local leader.
5. Must follow NEM guidelines. No extreme dieting, diet pills, detox plans allowed.
6. Time Stamp your photos with a magazine, newspaper or app. Before photos can be taken as early as Sept 1st.
Winners will be judged by Maria Kang and a NEM panel.
Criteria will be based upon:
30% Personal Story
The pot money will be divided between 19 winners:
1. FIFTEEN Regional winners (including our Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa, NZ/Australia and Latin America NEMs)
2. ONE National winner
3. THREE NEM admin/leaders
The way we will divide prize money will be:
30% NEM Winner
30% NEM Admin/leader Winner
30% NEM Regional Winners
10% Misc Fees and NEM Charity Bucket (everything will be accounted for and transparent for everyone to see)
For Example, if we have 500 entries this will be the breakdown:
$10,000 POT MONEY
$3000 Overall NEM winner
$1000 each for NEM Admin/leader winner
$200 (15 Regions: $3000) Regional leader
Leftover is $1000 which will go towards any paypal fees and the NEM charity bucket (i.e. insurance/web costs)
Start Date: September 3
Last date to join: September 15th
Pot Announcement: September 25th
End Date: November 28th (Thanksgiving!)
Winners Announced: December 20th
1. Do I need to count calories?
No. We provided a general guideline for those who want to know how to get started.
2. How do you define Detox?
We don’t recommend any program that allows less than 1200 calories/day. This was a general term used to avoid quick fix dieting. (which is detrimental in the long term)
3. I am pregnant, can I still join?
YES! To be fair, you can either use a before picture at the same time you were pregnant prior (if this is your second child) to demonstrate a healthier pregnancy. If this is your first time, please just provide your most recent picture. (BTW: we’ve had a pregnant mom grace the pages of our swimsuit calendar)
4. Can I use a ‘before’ picture that was taken earlier this year?
Please provide the picture taken in August/Sept 2017. Please submit two photos. One holding a daily newspaper and one without. You can also include a picture taken prior but it will not be used in the final judging.
5. Do I need to be a mom?
No! Stepmoms, grandmothers, mom of doggies…are all able to join!
6. Do I HAVE to join a local group?
Yes – you can either create your own (if there is no one next to you) or join the closest group either online or in person (Click here to fill out our online group leader application). The reason why this is required is to align you with positive people and create lasting, healthy friendships. The number one way to become successful is to be a part of a community that keeps you accountable. Click here for the list of all our groups!
7. Will I know the total pot money?
Yes! On Sep 15th we will announce how many people have entered and what is up for grabs! We will also announce pot updates the weeks leading up.
8. What does participation entail?
Posting online, commenting and supporting other participants, attending meetups and/or hash-tagging on social media streams. Our official hashtags are: #noexcusemom #nem2019 or #nem__local group city
If you do not live near a local NEM group, join your nearest location by searching Facebook or our online locations page here.
9. There is no leader near me and I’m interested in becoming one. How do I get started?
Email us at email@example.com or fill our online application HERE.
Here are some of our winners from last year! CLICK to Read!
Region 1: Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut
Region 2: New York, New Jersey
Region 3: Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Maryland
Region 4::Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi
Region 5: Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin
Region 6: Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Louisiana
Region 7: Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma
Region 8: Montana, North and South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado
Region 9: California, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada
Region 10: Oregon, Washington
Region 11: Canada
Region 13: Europe
Region 15: NZ/Australia